What needs to be considered when creating a website so that the target audience visits it?
Unfortunately, there is no universal answer, because the products are very different. The method of selling sneakers (like any other FMCG–goods) is very different from selling complex products and services. Nevertheless, I can give the following recommendations:
The mobile era has already arrived. The lion’s share of traffic comes from mobile platforms. This means the site should look perfect on all mobile devices. The time of contact with the user has been noticeably reduced. Key messages need to be delivered as quickly and succinctly as possible. Look at the popularity of Facebook and Instagram. Why do we love them so much? There are many pictures. Use vibrant visual creatives — this includes the human reptilian brain and has the best effect on the final conversion. Try to minimize the user’s exit points from the landing page. The fewer opportunities the user has to get lost on your site — the higher your conversion will be.
Consider these things when developing a website and get a working tool.
How to optimize your site for search engines?
Search engines have learned to determine what we really like and what we don’t, with very high accuracy. Make the site interesting, grab the user’s attention, accompany accounts in social networks, land traffic from there through offers and promotions. And perhaps most importantly — mobile devices. Pay maximum attention to this. The next key point — behavioral factors. And writing headings, markup and other things have sunk into oblivion, and thank goodness!
What else, besides SEO, will help promote your site?
I can highlight three points. First, create your own audience, work with it, return it through special offers. Second, keep your blog. This is not only an opportunity to tell something interesting to the consumer and prove your expertise, but it also structures your business. — there is no better way to really understand something than to write it down on paper. Third, work with influencers. This is a great channel for engaging your target audience. Namely, the target audience will give you good behavioral factors.
digital marketing manager RDTECH.
Of course, you need to take into account that your target users should at least find your site in search engines for key queries, and after going to it, do not leave the site within the first seconds.
It is logical that your site needs to be optimized both for search engines (SEO) and to make it user-friendly in order to improve behavioral factors (depth and duration of viewing, bounce rate), which is also taken into account by search engines when building search results for your target user queries. …
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) — this is a whole complex of work that needs to be done before the actual development of the site. Unfortunately, not all site owners do this. Ideally, the website developers and the SEO specialist work in one team and constantly interact.
What is included in the set of SEO works?
Creation of a website promotion strategy, taking into account business goals and knowledge about users. Compilation of the semantic core of the site, carrying out semantic analysis to identify «selling» semantics. This will help you effectively use semantics as a means of detaching yourself from competitors. Creation of content and site structure, taking into account the semantic core and knowledge about users. Targeting site content in general and specific pages to specific user categories. Internal website optimization (meta tags, internal page linking, micro-markup). External website optimization (link building). Obtaining an SSL certificate for data transmission over HTTPS — protected version of the HTTP protocol.
It is highly desirable to develop and thoroughly test the mobile version of the site for adequate ranking by search engines. The era of mobile-friendly sites is over, now only mobile-first. Sites without responsive layout have practically no chance of adequate ranking in search results.
It is useful for B2C companies to register with geoservices (2GIS, Yandex.Maps) so that potential buyers can find an offline store or service point on the map.
It should be remembered that SEO — it is not only effective, but also around the clock. Search engines regularly modify their algorithms, so it is necessary to constantly monitor updates and adjust them in accordance with the new requirements of search engines.
For several years now, site optimization for voice search has been a trend in SEO, so many companies, especially those operating in the B2C market, invest resources in the technical and content optimization of their sites in order to be competitive in their niche.
In addition to SEO itself, you need to take into account the user experience and opportunities offered by social networks, blogs, thematic communities, review sites.
When designing a website, it is advisable to use the services of a usability specialist. It will help to shape the structure of the site and the layout of the pages in such a way that the user is comfortable on your site. Then he is more likely to perform the actions you need: make an order, make a purchase, postpone an application.
You can add a chat with a company to a link to your site in Yandex search results. This is user-friendly and enables the company to speed up the collection of applications and orders.
Company pages and thematic communities in social networks, reviews on specialized resources will become not only sources of links to the site for SEO purposes, but also a way to increase company awareness.
What cannot be reached with the help of SEO can be covered with various types of online advertising: contextual advertising in search engines and in ad networks, targeted advertising, advertising in social networks.
head of SEO department of hosting provider REG.RU.
1. In order for the site to be visited by the target audience, you need to decide — and who is the target audience of your product? This is obvious, but I assure you that not all businesses think about this at the initial stage and resort to the scheme «let’s run, we’ll see and we’ll see there»… With this approach, large losses of resources are not uncommon. The sooner you understand who your client is, the faster you will get results. SEO has long been not only optimization of site structure, texts and tags. Today, search engines deeply analyze user behavior, and therefore SEOs must also work deeper into funnels and improve user behavior on the site so that they convert to leads in the best possible way.
2. Analysis of the client’s portrait is a very important aspect, it will allow you to focus your offer on specific users. How to do it? At the initial stage, an independent analysis is sufficient.
Highlight the main products that need to define an audience profile and answer the following questions:
Why do they order a product from you? What is the basic need? User portrait — age, gender, profession, wealth, hobbies, where online and offline are more common.
At this stage, many may have difficulties, because they are not completely sure whether they formulated the target audience correctly. Confirm or refute the understanding of the client will help communication with him: polls, calls, etc. Another assistant in the analysis of the audience will be the analysis of competitors (both online and offline).
3. I will dwell in more detail about the analysis of online, namely the sites of competitors:
We are looking for competitors (we use search engines, social networks), we fix the search results. We dive into each site. We answer the questions from p. 2. We filter out irrelevant sites (marketplaces and aggregators, if you are in a narrow segment). We pay attention to the design and structure of the site, what services and goods are offered, how the offer is presented and the ordering path (try to choose and order the service yourself), add all the elements that, in your opinion, can have a positive effect on the user experience. For clarity, enter all the information in the table: the elements that are most common should be implemented at home.
4. The next step is to assess the demand for a service or product. This will help us in shaping the structure of the site and internal optimization of specific landing pages in the future. When evaluating, we look at where our user lives. We use the following services: Google Trends or any other aggregator of goods or services, depending on what you plan to sell.
Competitors’ websites can also help us at this stage. They contain a lot of insights and growth points for a business. We use all this information to collect the semantic core (there are a lot of instructions for collecting SN in open sources).
5. Further step — formation of the site structure. Look again at the analysis of other market participants’ sites and take the best practices from structure, landing page formation and optimization of user paths.
6. When developing a website, it is also necessary to carry out technical optimization in order to avoid problems with promotion in the future. This topic is too extensive, you can find a large number of instructions on the Internet.
7. So, the site is ready or redesigned, landing pages are created. Now the task is to optimize them correctly. It will be enough to competently carry out on-page content optimization here. — tags, content, page elements. In the future, optimization should be done with constant iterations: implemented, tracked positions in search engines and traffic, corrected text information, etc.
8. Be sure to install a statistics service on the site (for example, Yandex.Metrica), add the site to the webmaster services Google.
9. In parallel with these works, it is necessary to develop other traffic sources. — social networks (VK, Facebook, Instagram, etc.), contextual advertising, Yandex.Market and others. The audience analysis from p. 2 will help you to determine the specific traffic sources. After all, this will not only give an influx of target users, but also brand awareness, which will increase the proportion of type-in requests (direct transitions to the site). All this, in the case of a user-friendly site, will have a positive effect on the overall promotion of the site.